Caping a Whitetail Shoulder Mount
2. Make the initial cut around the entire belly of the deer approximately 4” above the armpits as shown below in the right picture. Cut around the entire animal at that height
4. Connect the cut in the belly with the one on the legs by cutting the hide up the leg on the outside of the white hair as shown by the tape in the pictures. (i.e. don't cut thru the armpits which are needed)
5. Carefully skin the hide starting around the belly and working your way down as above. Be careful in the armpits since the hide is thin.
7. Once you're as far up as possible, cut through the meat at the top vertebrae and twist the neck off.
8. Call Tibbits Taxidermy at 608-574-4327 to arrange a drop off time.
9. Bring to us or freeze immediately in double plastic garbage bags to prevent damage. Do not allow thawing and refreezing of your specimen. Keep it dry, cool and bug free for the best results.