As Your Agent, I Will:
- Assure that you see all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire buying process, from finding properties to look at, to getting the best financing.
- Make sure you don’t pay too much for your property and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the local area including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
What to do before you start looking for your next property:
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Check your credit rating and straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Find a loan that meets your needs and get pre-qualified/ pre-approved. – We can offer suggestions if you don’t know where to start on this one.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new property to have.
The Showing Process
Tim will assist you in setting up showings for any of the properties you are interested in. During the showings, it is a good idea to inspect all aspects of the property and take notes for your reference and to assist you in making your final decision.
During the showing, I ask for feedback on the property as this will help me assist you further in choosing the best property for your needs. I will share this information with selling agents as sellers appreciate feedback on their property after a listing and keeps communication lines open between all parties.
Tim will draft all the paperwork necessary to put in your offer. After the offer is written, he contacts the listing agent who will present your offer to the sellers. The sellers will talk to their agent who will let you know if they accepted your offer, if they rejected your offer, or if they have written a counter offer.
Should a counter offer be written, Tim will help you thru the process to determine if it is in your best interest to accept, reject, or counter back.
Once the offer is accepted, Tim will notify you immediately, and escrow money will be collected. You should contact your lender and start the process of financing as this takes the longest. If you need help choosing a lender, we can assist.
Once your loan is approved, the time and place of closing will be scheduled. If you have a date or time that works best in your schedule please let Tim know.
Things to do before closing.
- Have all utilities transferred to your name as of the date of closing.
- Notify post office and telephone company of your address change.
- You will have the opportunity to make a final inspection of the property.
- A one year Home Warranty Plan will be made available for purchase by you if it was not part of your offer to purchase.
- Your lender may require you to obtain a homeowner’s insurance policy and have a paid receipt to begin coverage on your new home at closing.
- Obtain a certified check for the exact amount of money to be paid at closing. This figure will be made available to you prior to closing and may different from the number you were thinking. Closing costs of the buyer includes 1. Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, and preparation. 2. Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites. 3.Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes. 4. Escrow and interest fees include homeowner’s insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.
- Please look over the closing fee document. If you feel there is an error please call Tim and he will help explain things and double check figures.